Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KDL-40WD653 WILL NOT CONNECT TO LAN OR INTERNET

jtb852
New

BRAVIA KDL-40WD653 WILL NOT CONNECT TO LAN OR INTERNET

Can anyone help, please,

I recently bought the above tv and no matter waht I try I can not get this TV to comnnect to my LAN.

The lan is a wired system  with direct connection (via Cat 7 cable) to a BT router  which is also linked to a NETGEAR READYNAS 6 PRO, where I store my movies, music etc, hence, the purchase of this TV, also there appears to be a firmware update for this model, but im unsure as to the method to use to carry out the firmware upgrade.

If the considered opinion is that I have wasted a not inconsiderable ammount of moneythen I can still send the thing back and buy a SAMSUNG

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure on why you cannot connect your TV to your home network.  In the case of a wired connection, it should be the case of connecting the ethernet cable to the TV and router and choosing Network Setup in the TVs settings and running the Automatic setup from there.  Baring a hardware fault on the TV, I think its prudent to try the first few steps in the troubleshooting process:

1. Test using another ethernet cable - use a different port on the router itself.
  2. Reboot TV and router (long shot)
  3. As you cannot update the TVs firmware via the internet - I suggest getting a USB drive and downloading it from : HERE.  Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter (i.e. exactly)
  4. Factory reset the TV
  5. Test again.

Cheers