Join now - be part of our community!

bravia r423a Hissing noise in standby

SOLVED
sandrofoz
Explorer

bravia r423a Hissing noise in standby

Hi,

I bought this tv (32R423A) 3 days ago. I am happy with the tv image and sound. However I am a bit annoyed with hissing sound that comes from the tv when you turn it off on the control (standby mode). It is a constant hissing noise can be heard from the rear side of the tv. If you are standing on in the front of the tv the noise appears to be coming from the bottom of the right side. It only stops if I turn the TV on again, or if I pull the power cord out from the socket.

I would like to know if you could help me to have this fixed as this can be quite annoying if you are in the same room with the TV in a quiet time.

thanks

Sandro Oliveira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sandrofoz
Explorer

Thank you for your help. It was of great value. I exchanged the tv yesterday at Richer Sounds. No problem. The guys were really helpful and didnt even bothered to test it. The new one is completely quiet. Very happy with the outcome. great forum.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have the TV plugged into a surge protector or power-board?  If so, connect it directly to the wall and see if that cures the problem.  If it does, replace surge protector/power board.  If it doesnt fix the issue, I would contact your retailer to organise an exchange of the TV.

Cheers

sandrofoz
Explorer

Thank you for your advice. I have the TV plugged straight into the wall socket and the noise is still there. 

Do you know if the buzzing noise is normal to these tvs? I dont want to have to go through a exchange process and end up getting another tv that does the same. Thank you again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion, the TV should have no noticable "buzz" when switched off, especially to the point that its annoying.  I know its a pain in the butt to exchange, but i personally think that it would be for the best, especially as it literally is brand new.

sandrofoz
Explorer

Thank you for your help. It was of great value. I exchanged the tv yesterday at Richer Sounds. No problem. The guys were really helpful and didnt even bothered to test it. The new one is completely quiet. Very happy with the outcome. great forum.

kiki.11
New

We purchased a Sony bravia a few months ago and jsut set it up over xmas, a few times the screen has gone green and today the noise has stopped working and the tv is making a hissing nise. I d not expect ths from a brand new Tv that we jsut bought and am so disaaspointed as I thought Sony was a stong brand based on quality.

i only hope the retailer will give us a refund know as I will explore other brands.