Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Sky to KDL 40nx72x & SU b401s

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Emmaco38
Visitor

Connecting Sky to KDL 40nx72x & SU b401s

Help please.  I have connected my Bravia KDL-40NX72x to its TV stand - SU-B401S as per instructions and want this to connect to my Sky .  I have put the sky hdmi into the tv stand but when I do a digital programme search it doesn't find anything. Any clues anyone? I've got the control for hdmi set to on and the tv stand is switched on. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

re check your connections and that the HDMI lead supplied with the stand is connected to HDMI 1 on the tv and the other end to the SUB401, the one nearest to the rear of the tv, connect the sky box to the HDMI in on the SUB401 (they are marked) check in the sound menu under speakers and change that from tv speakers to audio system and your done!.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

re check your connections and that the HDMI lead supplied with the stand is connected to HDMI 1 on the tv and the other end to the SUB401, the one nearest to the rear of the tv, connect the sky box to the HDMI in on the SUB401 (they are marked) check in the sound menu under speakers and change that from tv speakers to audio system and your done!.

Hi, I have a KDL 46NX723B with Sony Sound Bar/stand (SU-B461S). 3 years ago the Sound Bar just stopped working. Checked power to the bar, replaced HDMI cable and logged a call as the unit was just in warranty. Engineer came out and as always, the problem had gone away. They did some checks and made sure all software current etc. Now, yesterday, the sound bar stopped working. I've been through all the menu settings and ensured Audio Speakers are set etc. checked HDMI cables, power to the unit and have also performed a factory reset of the TV and tried adding the sound bar back on through Bravia Sync - it is just not recognising the sound bar. Could the sound bar have finally come to the end of its life? or is there something else I can try before I look to invest in another sound bar? is this similar to the problem above?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @david_richardson9

Go through the following troubleshooting guide firstly - especially the advanced part:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

Hi, thank you for your response and link to the support page. I have followed the guidance step by step and the sound bar still remained offline/undetected. I performed the steps several times, still to no avail. However, some 3hrs later while just watching the TV, using the built in speakers, a BRAVIA sync message popped up saying it had detected a soundbar, go to the Sync menu to activate it .... the sound bar is now working. Clearly happy that the sound bar is now working, however frustrating not knowing why. Thank you again. Regards David.