Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update Errors 40ex710 and 40ex500

profile.country.da_DK.title
TKjeldsen
Visitor

Firmware update Errors 40ex710 and 40ex500

Hi all

iv got 2 tv's from sony (Great TV)

But i can update them with the latest firmware i doo evry thing thy told me and i just saying that there is no new firmware update on usb..

the i call support and thy try to update theres but get same error, how do we get sony to help.....

is there any others who have that problem

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

if there were a firmware update available it will work, perhaps your tv's dont have one available at this time, the other thing you could do, since both tv's are wireless lan ready is to treat yourself to a Sony UWA-BR100 wireless dongle (you only need one) and update the tv's with an internet connection which cannot go wrong,

if an update is available it will go on with no fuss.

profile.country.da_DK.title
HIFIdk
Visitor

TV: 46EX500

Current Firmware: PKG4.107EUL-0108 (was loaded from the file "sony_tvupdate_2010_0504_eul_.zip")

Same problem when I try tu use the upgrade file"sony_tvupdate_2010_0505_eul_.zip" ( 36.0 MB (37,851,842) )

I think there is a bug in the firmware, because the upgrade homepage mentiones that the new firmware has the version number "PKG4.105EUL-0108" which is lower than the the version already in the TV.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to forum

There is a trick to upgrade the firmware using USB, it is not actually a trick but a mistake most users do it.:smileywink:

After you extract the downloaded Zip file it will generate a folder

Move the whole folder to USB memory, Dont try to copy the firmware file inside that folder

The TV read the folder name, not the file name

This already mentioned in the software download page by SONY , read the steps again :wink:

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Open Windows explorer, locate the downloaded 'sony_tvupdate_2010_0505_eul_.zip' file, and unzip it.
  • A folder 'sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00020100' will be created in your local drive after unzipped, then copy it to the root of your USB device.

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think this is the problem you faced , or you may try re-download the zip file again and check its size as shown there.

Personally, i do the firmware upgrade process through internet connection, either by LAN cable or using the wireless Sony dongle, this will save your time because it will done automatically (download and update ) without person interference

Let us know what you will get

Regards

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello HIFIdk,

welcome to forum

Sometimes your TV already updated by a newer firmware through internet connection before that firmware version posted at Sony download page, So your point of view is right

Just come back to the download page few days later and you will find the latest firmware posted by Sony ! :wink:

If you decide to use the USB stick to do the updating process, then check the TV current firmware first

Regards,

fatsop
Explorer

Hi there as for the 40ex500 there is a newer update avalable visit sony uk to download it.