Join now - be part of our community!

Internet content not working

SOLVED
rgibbons
Explorer

Internet content not working

I have a good wired connection, have reset my router and confirmed internet working from other devices but both my Sony Bluray and Sony TV;s internet content have stopped working.

Both TV and BluRay confirm, internet connection and work as local dlna clients.

However trying iPlayer or YouTube and after a delay - both devices fail to connect to the internet service and throw an error.

Any advice appreciated.

Update:  Just checked Friday AM and the problem seems resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgibbons
Explorer

Just checked this morning - services are restored.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
jedininja666
Explorer

I started getting this tonight on my Kdl32ex403 Bravia TV too. I checked both using the wireless dongle and the wired connection; same problem. Network setup passes the test but when you actually go to use a music or video network service nothing loads, you get stuck in with an endless spinning wheel in the top right corner that never loads. The only way out of that is to turn the TV off.

I was worried it had gone wrong but sounds like you have the same issue. By the way iPlayer doesn't even load the spinning wheel, I simply get thrown back to whatever TV channel I was watching.

I was going to perform a soft reset, but it sounds like it's a Sony Network problem.

Any one else have this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having all sorts of problems with mine (KDL-40NX723).  Just tried YouTube - TV crashed.  It then went into a never-ending cycle of crashing/rebooting/crashing/rebooting.  I switched it all off, and now I get 8 Blink lights.  What the hell did that.  Problably a coincidence, but.........

EDIT: 02:25am - Managed to recover my TV.  Had to perform a full factory reset via controls on TV.  Even crashed twice when trying to tune channels in.  Once all steps completed, TV now performs as expected.  Not game to try YouTube again tonight.  Im off to bed.

jedininja666
Explorer

Perhaps Sony has pulled some major kill switch and rendered all our older products obselete...

I've had it before where the wireless dongle loses connection and I've had to turn the TV off, unplug the dongle, plug it back it and turn the TV back on. But I've never had the wired connection go. Just tried pushing some photos from my phone via dlna and that worked fine. And all my other devices are using the net perfectly.

aatjik
Explorer

Just couple hours ago bought TV Bravia, the same thing with Wi-fi happened. Shows that I dont have internet connection, but when I connect my ps3 , I can play Online and surf. So how to find solution for this problem? or I must turn back my TV to shop where I bought it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Before I goto bed, It seems a wide spread issue.

See Sony USA Support forum (especially this post)

http://community.sony.com/t5/Internet-TV/Tv-will-not-connect-to-Bravia-Internet-video-error-1106/m-p...

Cheers

jedininja666
Explorer

Ah great, good to know they're on the case!

rgibbons
Explorer

Just checked this morning - services are restored.
Nteefey
Explorer

My tv is frozen with the internet icon showing in upper right corner... It won't respond to anything, and I can't exit out of it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming that you havent fixed this yet - pull the power plug out from the wall and then try again