Join now - be part of our community!

iPlayer stopped working on Bravia KDL-37EX723

iPlayer stopped working on Bravia KDL-37EX723

Hi all, the iPlayer app (Big Screen Version 4.5.30.59, Framework Version 3.12) has stopped working on my connected TV since it updated about a week ago (16th March).

The app loads as normal when selected and I can see all the usual options and programmes. However, when I select a programme to view, I get a spinning circle for a few moments and then the message "Something went wrong loading this programme", try later etc... Same happens with the new BETA version. The tv is connected directly to the brodband router with an Ethernet cable. The iPlayer is still working okay on all other devices around the house and other video apps on the telly are still working okay (including BBC News).

I've tried factory reset, updating firmware, powering off, refreshing internet content, none of which has helped. 

Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The factory reset instructions for your TV are HERE

Fingers crossed.

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

I have done a factory reset no change still get 

something went wrong on iplayer.

what i have done 

Factory reset

Reboot router

Power off TV reboot router power on tv.

Update internet on tv 

Done a new network install

Tried both cable, wifi.

The BBC iplayer worked before last TV firmware update.

BBC iplayer works from same network router on my 2 ipads, appletv4, imac, 

macbook pro. BUT not on my KDL-46W905A.

My conclusion is its a Sony problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jetkeep

I have escalated your issue to Sony as i am out of ideas on how to help you.  i have stated what you troubleshooting steps you have already done in the hopes they dont repeat.  They should be in contact with you early next week.

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Thanks for your help on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome - hopefully they can get to the bottom of this for you.