Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 32S3000 stuck in standby with 4 flashes

Farmerwithanaga
Explorer

KDL 32S3000 stuck in standby with 4 flashes

Green power light comes on then goes staight into standby with 4 flashes.Factory reset didnt work.Have been told fault is either software or component related.Sony no help at all they just want it back to them to repair but Ive hear you can download software reset and upload it to TV via a stick?Can anyone helkp or advise please? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
etritd
New

I'm afraid it's not a question of updating the software. Usually 4 flashes (blinks) means a board fault and that needs to be replaced. Check IC1509, Q1505. If you are handy enough maybe you can do that yourself. Otherwise it's your choice to ask a safer Sony authorised dealer's help or repair it in a ordinary shop.

NameTaken01
Explorer

Where exactly would I find IC1509, Q1505?

Inverter board?
TCON Board?
Power Board?
Main Board?

Are there any pictures/images of them on the board online that I can look at?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is the 'blink' codes for the S3000 model tv with the chassis of SE1A

_20150705_000353.JPG

If you are NOT experienced, you should not be conducting repairs.

Cheers

NameTaken01
Explorer

Hello Quinnicus,

Thank you for the caution.

I am getting 4 blinks and standby, I would love to be able to bring life back to my TV, I do have a little experience with soldering PCB's etc, just not clued up on LCD TV repairing, although I am willing to learn.

Panel error I guess is what I am getting, my thoughts were if I could solder new chips onto the board (IC1509, Q1505.) and all would be good again, but as I do not know if this is the route to take, I am here to ask questions and learn. I am not sure what a Panel error is or what exactly it would involve to find out...

Thank you for the reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the parts list there is no mention on IC1509 and Q1505.  However, your issue looks like a power inverter.

_20150705_004950.JPG

See SM: HERE

Yes, thought its always best to be clear about repairs etc. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately in many cases these days, its more economical to replace than repair.  Getting ahold of parts is also difficult too.

Good luck!