Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W5500 - acc playback from camera to TV using HDMI

profile.country.en_GB.title
enfield21
New

KDL32W5500 - acc playback from camera to TV using HDMI

Hi,

Seem to have no luck getting audio to play on KDL32W5500 when reviewing video clips taken on a Samsung WB2000 and connected to TV using micro HDMI cable.  Camera uses ACC format when you record a video.  Everything works fine on other HD tvs in the house - just not the Sony.  Is there a setting I can look at on the TV or do Sony not like ACC?

Cheers,

Ron

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi "enfield21"

I don't know about ACC issues...:smileywink:

The only command is in Set-up-->HDMI Control, but this is only automatisms on Control of HDMI sockets. For example, if device on HDMI is ON, the TV must turn automatically on etc.. (see KDL32W5500 - Manual  page40)

- Have you try with all the HDMI sockets? HDMI 1 is different from all others!!!

- Have you try to change on camera's HDMI control, all available positions (Video out: AV NTSC, PAL (user selectable) HDMI 1.2 NTSC, PAL (user selectable) HDMI Type D)

There is even this, but I don’t think…

The picture is good, but there is no sound:

- Check if the “Speaker” is set to “TV Speaker” (page 38).

- When using HDMI input with Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio, DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) may not output audio signals.”

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)