Join now - be part of our community!

KDL48W585BBU no longer loads netflix, youtube, etc

mvallebr
New

KDL48W585BBU no longer loads netflix, youtube, etc

I used to watch netflix and youtube in my TV for months. Since 2 days ago, though, it seems something happened and I am not being able to enter on any application anymore. 

The applications are still in "My Apps" list, but when I click on "All Apps" I can't see them, it used to have loads of apps and now I see just about 10. Skype is the only only still in this list and it's the only one still working. 

What happened? I am sure my TV is connected to the internet and when I enter the menu "All Apps" it tells me that a refresh in content is needed and ask me to update it. I do, but it doesn't change a thing, the list keeps the same and when I enter in the same menu again, it shows me this exact same message over and over. 

This seems a bug in the TV or in the server. I am using latest update and I don't know what to do to solve it on my side, I just know that I can't use my TV now.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Turn your TV off and reboot your ISPs router.  Once done, turn TV back on again and do a refresh internet content if the apps have not appeared.

Cheers

mvallebr
New

I tried that several times, it didn't work -- Marcelo Elias Del Valle http://mvalle.com - @mvallebr
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately your TV is not connected to the network for some reason.  Check your neywork connection on the TV.  If you are sure that it is all ok, i would suggest a factory reset, as this fixes many issues.

Which country are you located in anyhow?

mvallebr
New

I am in the UK.

But how can it be not connected if I can use skype and talk to other people by using it?

I haven't tried the factory reset, I can try it, but I was hoping to find more people with the same problem here... Am I the only one having this problem?