Join now - be part of our community!

problems activating TV on SEN

Dorin_M
Explorer

problems activating TV on SEN

Hi all,

I have a sony KDL-40EX720 and I am trying to add it as a device on my SEN network account but every time I generate an activation code I get the error : Incorrect activation code. Please try again. I have tried this on 2 different accounts on the SEN network and I receive the same error. I tried reseting the activation code by unpluging the tv from power and with a new activation code I am getting the same error. Please help me with this problem. I am trying to get the Netflix app on the TV.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this seems to be an issue at the moment with no definate solution.  A forum member ( @bensande ) said that this worked for him.  Can you see if this works for you?

However, if this is to try and get the Netflix app on your TV AND you do not live in American - then unfortunately Netflux is not available for your model TV.  Your TV is a 2011 model, see this faq in the link below:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-faq/m-p/373369

Cheers

Potential Solution for Activation Code

after reading Patandec's comment about apps having different names on different TVs I had a random look around all of the apps and options in all of the menus on the TV.

Support had suggested that I selected "Album" on my tv but this doesn't show up on my menu anywhere and so I was stuck at square 1.

Up until had I had been obtaining by activation codes either by trying to load the amazon app or by selecting "Activate Enhanced Features" within the Network Menu - neither of these had worked.

After some searching I got to the "Qriocity" menu, which on our TV is the furthest to the right.  This has two options within it "Video Unlimited from Sony" and "Link an Account".

Selecting "Link an Account" gives me a different activation code than the methods that I had been using previously.  I am aware that the codes update periodically but I went back to the amazon app to check that it was a different code and the amazon app was still showing the old (incorrect) code.

Anyway... the new code obtained via "Qriocity>Link and Account" worked and I have been able to reregister the TV and get the amazon app running again.

I hope that this post isn't too much or a ramble and that it helps solve the issue for some.  If anything isn't clear please do ask and I'll try to help if I can (I'm not technical so I'll only really be able to clarify what worked for me).

kdl26v4000
Explorer

I had the,exact same problem so looked for Qriocity in apps to try this work around, alas it wasn't there in my tv. However it did set me thinking so tried the Playstation app (even though I don't possess a Playstation) and lo and behold it worked, I signed in to Amazon video and it now works perfectly. I hope this helps anyone in the same predicament, It is possible to solve this problem despite Sony support.

Dorin_M
Explorer

Unfortunetly none of these apps are present in my tv. I gave up all hope in resolving this. Time to switch to other vendors. Thanks all for support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for replying back.  It is a shame that none of these has worked.  I am escalating your problem to Sony Support.  They should be contacting you next week in order to hopefully resolve this.

Cheers