Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control codes

GeoffH101
Explorer

Remote control codes

Can anyone tell me please the remote control codes to activate, separately, the Power On and Power Off functions; and the codes that will specifically select input HDMI 1, input HDMI 2...etc for the Sony Bravia TV KDL-55W829B? Grateful for any advice. GeoffH101

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Umm, how to explain this...  The remote control codes dont work that way. Remote codes are listed in manuals for devices that connect to the TV

For everything else, its Bravia Sync (Sony's name for the more generic HDMI-CEC).

To be honest, I don't know what you are trying to achieve

Cheers

GeoffH101
Explorer

Morning

Thank you: I am programming a URC 8610 to provide 'one button' switching to, and between:

1. Sony Bravia TV (KDL-55W829B 'Bravia Sync' i.e. HDMI CEC capable) --- via input HDMI 1 for visual signals from --- Sky Box+ (not currently HDMI CEC capable, but about to be upgraded to include control over HDMI capability on completion of the roll out of the R010 firmware update) --- via optical cable for audio signals to --- Sony AVR STR DB 940 (not HDMI CEC capable) in 'TV/Sat' input mode delivering 5.1 sound from coded broadcasts; and

2. Sony Bravia TV (KDL-55W829B) --- via input HDMI 2 for visual signals from --- Oppo BDP-103EU blu-ray player (HDMI CEC capable) --- via 5.1 sound analogue outputs to --- Sony AVR STR DB 940 in '5.1 CH' input mode delivering 5.1 sound from coded discs.

All is working well wth the programming, except that I need the remote control codes to select input HDMI 1 and input HDMI 2 on the TV.

The issue arises because the native configuration of the TV remote, looking at external inputs, is to select 'move one position on from the present position'. This enables the user to scroll through the menu of available inputs and make a manual selection. This is ok in regular use; but clearly I need the code to select specifically for input HDMI 1 (and separately for HDMI 2) in order to complete the 'one button' sequence of command codes from the URC 8610.

I understand that there are specific codes to select the individual input channels on the KDL-55W829B TV, though the remote does not use them.

Sorry to have gone on a bit; but I would appreciate any advice or guidance, and especially any information on these specific input selection codes; or, indeed, any other ideas on how this may be done. The best answer may be simply to wait for the R010 firmware update and use the HDMI CEC control over HDMI capability to select device and input channel, and then use further commands to select the matching AVR mode. 

GeoffH101

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for the additional information, however im going to have to refer you to Sony Support : HERE - there is just no way that I can get that information.

Just so that you are not disolusioned - its unlikely Sony will give you them either.  Your best bet in my opinion is to contact "One For All" support.

Cheers