Join now - be part of our community!

removing scratches on my tv screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
assimb
Explorer

removing scratches on my tv screen

I have a few sctratches on my sony 'monolithic' tv KDL46nx713. I want to know if thiers anyway of removing minor scratches. Anyone with these monolithic design tv's will know that they have a glass sheet front & i read online that you can remove scratches from glass with tootpaste. I tried i liitle but although it has not made the scratch worse but seems to made it stand out more. when i turn off the tv and its all black i can now see a discoloration on the screen from certain angles depending where the light shines.

Is there any good remedies for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have the same monolithic design NX723 (love it by the way) - but it does have the flaw of any marks is shown up instantly.  Toothpaste is a mild abrasive, so I would not use that.  I dont know anyway to get scratchs out (if at all possible.  Although I guess it probably depends on if its a "groove" scratch just a general mark.

I would also advise against any chemicals or cleaning agents as well.  I have a few mico-cloths.  I use a slightly damp one to get the marks/dust off, and a dry one to polish it up.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have the same monolithic design NX723 (love it by the way) - but it does have the flaw of any marks is shown up instantly.  Toothpaste is a mild abrasive, so I would not use that.  I dont know anyway to get scratchs out (if at all possible.  Although I guess it probably depends on if its a "groove" scratch just a general mark.

I would also advise against any chemicals or cleaning agents as well.  I have a few mico-cloths.  I use a slightly damp one to get the marks/dust off, and a dry one to polish it up.

Cheers

assimb
Explorer

thanks

as you know its a beutiful tv when its off but the marks are really annoying. i normally use and lcd cleaning spray or do u recomend using just a damp cloth.

thanks

again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not used LCD screen clean on the TV (use it on my laptop though), so unsure on the long term reaction.  However, as far as im aware, its damp cloth, elbow and arm work, mixed with patience, and dry microfibre cloth.

I know all too well on the cleaning aspect of it though (have to do it every week or two for mine), never mind that I have a black glass tv stand as well, that shows up EVERY speck of dust.

Last time I looked into it though, it was not recommended using any chemicals at all.  so.... no easy/er solution im afraid.

assimb
Explorer

yeh your lucky.... with the kids i have to pretty much do it everyday.... there are always something on there when i get home.

thanks

WilliamHill
Explorer

The best solution for your problem is Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner 50ml with Fine Microfiber Towel. Just buy and resolve all your issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I would never advise using any chemicals to clean a screen just a micro fibre cloth should be all you need..