Join now - be part of our community!

Smart Tennis Sensor SSE-TN1W Won't switch on!

Smart Tennis Sensor SSE-TN1W Won't switch on!

I have contacted Sony Support about this, but want to post on here in case anyone can help!

My Smart Sensor won't turn on!
The power comes on fine when I am charging it, and I am able to sync with my phone whilst it is charging.
When I remove it from the charger, it doesn't respond when I press any of the buttons.
I have tried to reset it by pressing the reset and 'on' button at the same time for 7 seconds, but nothing happened when I did that either.

It had been working fine prior to this issue.

Any help appreciated. I will update this post if I get any response / help from Sony!

5 REPLIES 5

I had the same problem and returned it to the distributor for a replacement - appeared to me there was a fault in the battery connection

Have been batting emails back and forth with Sony for over a month now - very frustrating, and not much help as they just keep asking me the same questions, despite my insisting that the unit WON'T SWITCH ON!

My advise to anyone thinking of buying one of these is: Do not buy one over the internet. If it breaks, you are screwed with no support or help from Sony!

Buy a Babolat pure drive instead?! (giving them the benefit of the doubt that they might be more helpful should a problem occur!).

pablito15
New

Same problem.

Unit is fully charged.

Turns on when in the charger.

Paired when in the charger.

When I remove it from the charger no response whatsoever.

Also can't reset the unit.

If you are speaking with someone from Sony (probably via email), ask them to send you a new part so you can return the faulty part to them, with the receipt, for investigation.

That's what I did in the end and I got one sent out in the post.

Very frustrating...

rokasb
New

Same happend to me. The sensor was not used before.