Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 50W829B

derekod
Explorer

Sony 50W829B

I have been having issues trying to get the best colour performance from this set since its purchase 13 months ago, I even invested in getting an i1 Display pro to try and calibrate the grayscale on the set.

I have gone through all the presets to try and optimise the colour with little effect, but what I actually stumbled accross the other day is that the Internet video preset gives the best natural colour with nice reds that I can live with, when I view through saorview, network video, Sky hd, the red colour is actually undersaturated.

I can only presume that there is a preset in the service menu that needs correction or else the motherboard is faulty on the set.

I thought up to now it was an issue with the panel itself but its not as the Red,Green and Blue primary colours look equaly saturated with an improved skin tone.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your eyes maybe better than mine, but quite often the default settings are good for most people.  And for the others a few minor tweeks is all thats needed.  Im not sure what troubles you are having, but if you think it maybe a hardware fault, please contact Sony Support for thier advice on a local authorised service centre.

Can I assume you have turned off some of the image processing such as live colour etc?

Cheers