Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-55W905 - Amazon - Instant Video/Prime app.

fuzed_
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-55W905 - Amazon - Instant Video/Prime app.

I'm having an issue with me UK purchased W905, the amazon app for some reason keeps forcing me to go to amazon.com to sign in, and not amazon.co.uk.  It's the amazon instant video app.

I've unplugged the TV for a few hours hoping that might have helped, but to no avail.~

Any thoughts?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have any VPNs or SmartDNS Services active?  If so, disable it and see what happens.  Also try rebooting your router.  Once done, if you go to : https://www.iplocation.net - Does it tell you that your IP address is located in the UK?

Cheers

fuzed_
Explorer

hi, no VPN running on the router, and IP shows that i'm in the UK, I'll give the router a reboot to see what happens... 

fuzed_
Explorer

still not getting anywhere, restarted router, reset router, reconnected TV to network, Refreshed Internet connection, and it's still not connecting to my Amazon.co.uk account.

The amazon video app keeps on connecting to the amazon.com account, it gives me an error saying a device is already registered with this account, and then asks me to pay for the service etc.

I'll try removing all devices to see what happens...

fuzed_
Explorer

Still not getting anywhere, reset TV, reset router, did a traceroute to amazon.co.uk, and got no where.  The app still seems to sign me into my amazon.com account.

not sure what else I can do?

Thoughts?

never had this issue before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure on what else to suggest to be honest.  This might sound like passing the buck, but I honestly dont think its the TV - if it was, there would be many more complaining by now - and/or it should have fixed itself after a factory reset.  I think your best bet is to contact Amazon in regards to this and find out why your account it routing to the US on the TV.

See what they say.

If they manage to find out what it is, please post back as im curious to know what the issue is.

Cheers

fuzed_
Explorer

I tried with amazon.com staff, they were a bit useless, so shall try with the .co.uk staff, although I exepct them to be as useless... we shall see

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get no where with Amazon, reply back and ill see if I can get Sony to have a look into it.  I havent escalated this thus far, as Sony Support are only going to suggest the same things you have already tried...

fuzed_
Explorer

Thank you, well amazon.co.uk staff seemed much better, he's passing it off to an engineer to take a look at to see if he has any ideas...

I shall update when I know more.

fuzed_
Explorer

so, got into my playstation account and disconnected my TV, then tried adding it back in, for some reason the TV tells me to go to the us website to register the device, this is so weird.

i get the error 'This account isn't valid in your current country/region.  due to content licensing restrictions, Playstation TM Video isnt available in an area different from the country/region listed on your account.

Create a new account for your current location in order to sign in, or you can browse the store in your current location as a guest.'

As far as I'm aware I'm still in the UK, I've disabled IPV6 on the TV, whatismyip.com tells me my IP is in the UK.

changed DNS to google servers, still nowt.

Reset TV again, and told it it was in the united kingdom on the initial setup screen... still nothing, still going to amzon.com

Really really odd issue.

if I go to google.com via my browser on my laptop it redirects me to co.uk, so internet settings appear fine.  I'm at a loss on this one.