Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kdl 26v4000 - Blank Screen/Dead?

Sony kdl 26v4000 - Blank Screen/Dead?

Hi, I developed a problem with this TV where the television signal was stuck on analogue channels thus not producing any picture. I tried everything with the remote to change to digital but all I could do was go up and down the analogue TV numbers, My HDMI ports were still working intermittently at this point. But I need a working Digital TV so I first did a Sony guided power reset which achieved nothing. I then did attempted a Sony guided from your website factory reset, I left the TV switched on and turned the power off at the socket for 1 minute as guided. After the minute I turned the socket power back on and the TV came on to a blank screen and a clicking noise, nothing else just blank I have tried various more attempts but to no avail. The TV system appears completely broken. Interestingly the TV remote flashing indicator is still lighting up when the remote is pressed but nothing is happening. It is just completely blank. Is there any solution to this problem or is it fatal? Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im thinking that the backlighting has died.  Easy to test this theory - in a dark room, and whilst tv is on, shine a bright torch at the back of the tv.  If you see a faint picture, its the backlight.  

Either way, the problem is, its cheaper to replace the tv with a new one than to get the problem diagnosed and repaired im afraid.

So i think your up for a new tv anyhow.

Cheers