Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV HDMI Ethernet Capability (Version 1.4)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Sony TV HDMI Ethernet Capability (Version 1.4)

Can anyone tell me if the latest Sony TV's and BLU Ray Players have the HDMI Sockets enabled to handle Ethernet connectivity. I have recently purchased HDMI High Speed / Ethernet Cables at Version 1.4a, and have then connected between the Sony KDL-40W705C TV and the BlU Ray Disc Player BDP-S500. Can I route the Ethernet between these equipments?

I know that they both have wireless capability, but you can get a faster and more stable connection using cable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Hi,

Just to update and close this thread.

I have received confirmation from Sony Support that the TV and BLU Ray Player HDMI connections do not support an Ethernet link.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have yet to see any devices that are capable of ethernet over HDMI.  So no is the answer to your question.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, yes a dedicated cable is better than wifi.  I have a CAT6 STP cable going from my router to a 4 port Gigabit switch behind the TV, which i then patch the devices into for network connectivity.  Simplest solution in my opinion.

profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Hi,

Just to update and close this thread.

I have received confirmation from Sony Support that the TV and BLU Ray Player HDMI connections do not support an Ethernet link.