Join now - be part of our community!

Sound disappears using Youview box connected by HDMI to KDL-40R473

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Sound disappears using Youview box connected by HDMI to KDL-40R473

Hi could you please show me where to post my question below, struggling with this?

Hi have a Sony KDL40R473 40-inch WidescreenFreeview Full HD LED TV  purchased April 2014, at the end of last year got the you view box through BT and it was set up with the HDMI lead, however after about 3 months the sound disappeared if I used a scart lead the sound came back, complained to BT who said to do a factory reset of the you view box which I did and still didn't resolve so sent me another you view box, the same thing has happened! wondering if there is a problem with compatibility of the HDMI port with the you view box, anyone heard  of this issue?

Would a Sony HDMI lead maybe solve the problem? any advice would be appreciated, BT were going to send another box but cannot keep trying new ones surely!  Many thanks Jules

Kind regards Julie

12 REPLIES 12
Fran_M

Hi Julie

I've moved your question to the Television area so that our Community TV experts can have a look at it and offer you some advice.

Fran

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Thank you Fran much appreciated. 

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Hi Fran how do I get to the television area please?

Fran_M

Hi Julie

You are already here now :slight_smile:

If you scroll up to the top of this thread, you can see that I moved your question to > Community > TV & Home Cinema > Televisions.

Fran

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Thanks Fran look forward to some advice.  Many thanks Julie

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Julie,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

i renamed this thread to something more appropriate than 'The Hello thread' hope you don't mind..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Julie,

I can't open your Bravia models specification page on the support site for some reason but try connecting the HDMI cable from the BT box into a different HDMI port on your Bravia..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Not at all thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Hi thank you, I purchased another HDMI lead today (Not a sony one though) and plugged this into the BT you view box and the TV, the sound came back, I have done this previously but after say a couple of months the sound disappeared again! so hoping this will not happen in another couple of months! I have now put the lead into the HDMI port at the side of the TV as per your advice, I thought there was only one HDMI port at the back of the TV! 

Why would one port be different to another?  sorry not really up on these type of things?!

Many thanks