Join now - be part of our community!

tp link wr1043nd router media server funtion on kdl 40ex500

AndyWysy
Explorer

tp link wr1043nd router media server funtion on kdl 40ex500

Hi,

I have a kdl 40ex500 bravia.  So far i stream media from my laptop using serviio media server.  Though sometimes establishing connection took some time but it worked find.  I have bought a tp link wr1043nd router with media server opition.  

The bravia finds it but will not connect to it saying is not supported. 

My question is whether it is a setup problem or in real that tv/router/media server connection is not supported at all and i should look for another solution to stream my media to tv without a laptop.

thank you

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Check to ensure that you have upnp enabled in the routers settings

http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/TP-Link/TL-WR1043ND/UPnP.htm

Also, remove all DLNA servers in the TVs Network Server settings - last time i looked into such issue, the TV can only display upto 8 DLNA servers - but it still remembers old ones that are no longer used on different ip addresses. 

Cheers

AndyWysy
Explorer

I did everything as You told, but still connection is unsuccessful saying server is not supported.

AndrewCarpenter
Explorer

So did you get the Solution? If yes then share with me. I do haveing same issue with my TP link router. 

Thanks.

WilliamHill
Explorer

Thanks mate, the instructions you have given, I have followed them and it worked perfectly for me. Thanks again mate.

AndyWysy
Explorer

I have tried everything clear all setting, enable router but it still keeps saying "server is not supported".