Join now - be part of our community!

Tuning trouble

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
walshy147
Visitor

Tuning trouble

Hi all

Have just bought a KDL EX65 TV, and have connected it to a Virgin Media Tivo box. The problem is it will not tune in. I have connected it to the Tivo box with HDMI lead and have also connected a terrestial aerial lead to the TV. trouble is when I do auto tune on TV it searches with message "No programmes found. Please connect antenna". If anyone can tell me where I am going wrong it would be much appreciated,

Regards

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

Virgin should have set this up for you!, however if your using TiVo you dont need an aerial, all you need is the HDMI, connect this to HDMI 1 if preferred, then on the tv remote change the input to HDMI1 (button top left on remote) then using the TiVo remote set it up to tune in the channels, cant remember how exactly but it may take a while.

i should add that if you've had the TiVo box up and running before on another set prior to buying the new one then just simply connect up and change the input on the tv remote, job done!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

Virgin should have set this up for you!, however if your using TiVo you dont need an aerial, all you need is the HDMI, connect this to HDMI 1 if preferred, then on the tv remote change the input to HDMI1 (button top left on remote) then using the TiVo remote set it up to tune in the channels, cant remember how exactly but it may take a while.

i should add that if you've had the TiVo box up and running before on another set prior to buying the new one then just simply connect up and change the input on the tv remote, job done!

we havean established TIVO box - old Tv replaced with a nw bravia KD-/49X830xC android - just bought. 

it will not tune in to the Virgin cable services. 

I understand the problem may lie with switching between digital and TV services but we have been unable to find a screen where that can be activated . the setting up services puts you straight on to the internet registration screen without allowing you to go back. Switching off , and removing power does not re set. 

i have spent several hours on the phone to a virgin service in india and they want to charge me for the advice!

i think what i need to do is restore factoruy settings so that i can switch straght over to HMDI at the beginning . 

this is the worst set up experience EVER. I will be going on line to ensure that there is consumer awareness about this difficulty. I am on the verge of returning the TV .