Join now - be part of our community!

USB-recording with KD X9005B

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
jeczopi51
Explorer

USB-recording with KD X9005B

I have connected a Spacellop CnMemorry 64 GB USB stick to the proper USB connector for HDD recording (number 2). The TV detects the USB and I can register it. I can also setup a recording and get no error messages.

However, I am not able to find any recorded content. When I go (as described in the manual) to the Server menu, I can only see my Twonky Mediaserver, but there is NO USB listed. What is wrong with my setup?

If the USB stick is not compatible, which one would be compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.DE.title
jeczopi51
Explorer

Thanks

I have searched both here and in servers. According to my i-manual I believe to have read, that I will find the USB in the server menu.

But left all that alone, I think I have found out, what the real problem was. I have tried to record full HD material from Pro7, a private TV channel in Germany. As the sales person told me today, she has exactly the same problem with any TV - the private TV channels will not allow their signal to be recorded. And this will be the reason, why the TV does not show ANY error message, but the recorded content is nill.

Best regards

Jerzy

monawaz96
Explorer

Just got a new android tv but it doesnt record tv programmes on the external usb connected. which in my case is a 16gb drive.

any solutions?

I noticed that my last tv without the android feature had a different remote and had the option.

Strange!!

The guys at big retailers know jack *****.

Appreciate if some one could give a quick answer

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@monawaz96 the feature you are looking for is not still implemented. It will be available (as per last update from Sony) before Xmas. 

monawaz96
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, i suspected that it would be another software update so enable the few features as it would also have the YOUVIEW.

But strange, it seems that when the software update will come out it will have the YOU VIEW feature and that it self would support recording and playback.

So whats the use of recording on an external usb?

SONY "This feature will be available via a firmware update within 2015. NOTE: HDD recording (REC) and Satellite features are not available if YouView functionality is enabled. YouView on Sony TVs will offer consumers a consistent and easy to use YouView experience, including scroll back, search, discover and catch up TV (BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4 and Demand 5). YouView functionality includes access to all the normal free-to-air channels via the YouView guide and mini guide."

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Youview will be available only in UK... the rest of us will use the epg and usb recording :slight_smile:
daz618
Explorer

i have just bought my tv .one of the reasons i chose it was the usb recording feature but it says no record with youview active can i uninstall youview

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @daz618

Please see this FAQ on USB recording:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499

USB recording has not been implemented yet.

If you want to disable YouView:

1. Press [Home] button on the remote control
  2. Go to 'Settings'
  3. Go to 'Channel Setup'
  4. Go to 'YouView Setup'
  5. Select 'Disable YouView'
  6. Select 'Yes' to confirm

Cheers

daz618
Explorer

t5hank you