Join now - be part of our community!

Using USB Drives on Bravia 4kTV

profile.country.GB.title
Uncle-Hefty
Explorer

Using USB Drives on Bravia 4kTV

I've digitised all my DVDs and have them stored on a WD MyPassport HDD (about 1tB of storage).  The drive isn't recognised by the TV, is there a compatibility issue?  If so what drive is recommended?

6 REPLIES 6
Captain_WD
Explorer

Hey there Uncle_Hefty,

What is the TV's model and the WD My Passport's model number? What format are you using for the HDD. The recommended format is FAT32.
Can you use the drive normally on a PC?
I'd also contact Sony's live support on this.

Post back with some more info :slight_smile:

Captain_WD.

profile.country.GB.title
Uncle-Hefty
Explorer

The issue is solved by formatting the WD as FAT32 Sent from my iPad Frank Tunney
alixbob
Explorer

My bravia reads my hard drive but it does not recongise the folder system i have and just seems to pick all video files and list them alphabetic or grouped in a box that is difficult to use - do you have the same problem? Its an impossibe system to use.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's not your TV! It's the Video app that works like this (it tries to categorize what's in your drive), use another player like Kodi and you will see your folder structure as you expect.

Captain_WD
Explorer

Hey alixbob,

As rooobb pointed out this is a feature on the player that you are using and shouldn't have anything to do with the external drive itself. It sorts the titles for easier search. I'd also suggest to try using other players and see if you have any improvement. :slight_smile: Feel free to ask if you have further questions. :slight_smile:

Captain_WD.

profile.country.GB.title
Uncle-Hefty
Explorer

Thanks Captain Francis Tunney 

Edited by Drew - Personal info removed