Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
bryfly
New

I think after all this time of waiting for Sony to implement  ITV player and 40D there is two hopes, bob hope and no hope,,,,,,,,,,take your pick!!!

Lawrence43
Visitor

I could not agree more. Now Samsung are advertising big time that itv player is on their smart TV, I would have thought it would give Sony a long awaited kick up the backside. I can understand a small tv making company having trouble, but not a mighty multi national conglomerate. Come on Sony!!

bryfly
New

Hi Catmambo,

As the correct answer to this thread was given by you on 14th April 2011 @ 18:16 which is now 18 months ago, don't you think it is time this answer was updated to be more current, unless of course Sony have done nothing in that time frame,  which is what i suspect most of Sony's customers suspect......

Catmambo
Contributor

No updates at present I'm afraid. Much of the last 9 months has been spent delivering BBC Sport application and ongoing platform developments to which will ultimately deliver new services. Market dynamics have changed substantially in 18 months in terms of technology being used and codec licenses required to deliver some services. We remain optimistic we will launch them, but I can't share a timeline at this particular moment I'm afraid.

Thanks

sony-cat

Thanks for the update even if it isn't better news.  I am a bit confused though, I don't recall having a BBC Sport app on my TV, I remember having on on my PS3.  Does that mean that the PS3 and Bravia on demand apps are made by the same developers?  Can I ask are these apps developed by Sony or are they developed by the channels themselves?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Very much depends - PS3 and BRAVIA run different software and whilst there is some crossover, due to the immense amount of processing power on PS3 & the now 5m devices in the UK, Broadcasters and content guys are drawn to this opportunity more than smart TVs ( from all manufacturers) which has fewer connected devices.

The apps are built in conjuction with the broadcasters, some are better than others when it comes to building them (indeed if you look at the PS3) you can see the wide variety of experiences, some are fantastic, some are pretty mediocre..

Thanks

jaybs3
Visitor

People refer new posters to this new thread but what News or Update have we really had since 2011? we were promised new channels and news on ITV and 4OD in 2012 but nothing ever seems to materialise.

One time SONY were the Best but other manufacturers have caught up and are often much more competitive price wise, next time in the enxt six months I look for a larger screen do I go for such as SAMSUNG which have impressed me and then get a YOUVISION BOX and get all catch up services? or will SONY make an effort and bring us the NEWS we have waited a year for, there are only 2 more months in 2012!

jaybs3
Visitor

SONY promised us NEWS IN 2012 and more channels are well as Catch UP TV for ITV and 4, but nothing, YOUVISION is now available and as you say SAMSUNG have now ITV, WHY are SONY falling behind is the UK market not impoertant to them, I feel really disappointed!

iagibso49

Sony seem to have reached a turning point, no longer associated with reliability, innovation, support and top spec technology.

jaybs3
Visitor

For some reason I am also getting more and more, Service not available when I try to connect to BBC Catch Up with Sony???