Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
Bernie-the-Bolt

Why don't you all download Sony's new Homestream (or Serviio) to your PC's and run all catch-up services across that? Apart from having to have a connected PC I can now view most (if not all) I want from all terrestrial providers quite happily. In addition, I can view many other channels from worldwide providers (URL etc. restrictions permitting).

Simples!

buseng
New

How do you do that please? I have put the link to ITV Player in a folder on the desktop & "enabled" it in Homestream.

The tv picks up the folder in Homestream but says the folder is empty, obviously because the link (in wordpad) is not a valid file type, ie not a music/photo or video file.

Bernie-the-Bolt

Go to here http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5982 and follow the instructions. Works very well.

crg511
New

How about this as a possible solution. Run ITV player or 4OD in Apple Mac. Install an Apple TV3 on network. Using either Mountain Lion (Apple's new OS) or AirParrot mirror the Apple Mac on TV via the Apple TV3. Using an iPad control the Apple Mac using LogMeIn form the confort of your lounge TV chair. This is a theory at the moment as don't yet have the Apple TV3, but have all the other functions working. Anyone any thoughts on the concept?

confused.com
New

I went onto Serviio Facebook site re instructions on how to download ITV player to Sony TV with Homestream.  Got the following reply "

Serviio Homestream doesn't support online sources. Get Serviio and the follow http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42  "

Thursday at 20:32 ·

profile.country.GB.title
hartleycom
New

drhowells:-

Thank you perfect answer to ITV player straight to the point.

Wish they would sort it out though!

Message was edited by: hartleycom

cageyr
Explorer

Bernie-the-bolt:-

Many thanks for the Serviio suggestion. Works really well. The international streams also makes you appreciate free-to-air UK TV - there really is some junk out there.

Message was edited by: cageyr

HDSMARTTV123
Visitor
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

After trying out a beta test of HBBTV here in DK I'll say that's the future way to go. No special App's required and all the fuss of platforms/hardware are much simpler, cause it's an open standard.

I have to confess it works very good on my EX720.:smileyhappy:

You Britons have to aim your anger against BBC/ITV/4oD or whatever you fancy imo.:smileysilly:

Catmambo
Contributor

Agreed - HBBTV is a standard we already support and is getting a lot of traction in other countries.

Via our trade body, we have recently started upping the pressure on broadcasters

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/07/09/intellect_trade_association_to_push_hbbtv_trial_to_brits/?ifra...