Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
bryfly
New

I posted on this forum this afternoon and see the post is no longer here, could Sony / mod's explain why it was removed , no bad language etc, just the truth about Sony , guess you dont like the truth?????

-Cass-
Explorer

Hey bryfly,

Your post was edited but did not get deleted, there has possibly been a technical glitch which has temporarily hidden it. I have reported this so hopefully your post should be visible again soon.

Regards,

Cass

Forum Moderator

drkcwu

I haven't been on this forum for a while. Is it true that ITV player is on Samsung TVs? I've had my Sony 18 months now but will seriously consider taking a loss if that's true and upgrade to a Samsung.

bryfly
New

Snap, if Sony cannot be bothered with their customers then goodbye Sony hello Samsung

sony-cat

I contacted Channel 4 about this directly, because I didn't feel like this is getting anywhere.  I asked them:

Me wrote:

I am aware that other smart TV do have 4OD and I was wondering if you could tell me please, if 4OD have any plans to bring their service to Bravia TV's?  If so is it likely to be any time in the near future?

This is the respsonse I received:

4oD Support wrote:

Thank you for your email regarding 4oD.

Using Airplay or HDMI requires specific rights, which we don't currently have for all of our content. As our rights come up for renewal this is something we are seeking to address wherever possible.

Your interest has been logged and will be passed on to the 4oD team.

If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq

Regards,

4oD Support

If this is correct it appears that the problem is they don't own the rights to broadcast the programmes on Channel 4 in this way, rather them not having the techincal ability to deliver the programmes on the Bravia platform.

I am in the process of drafting a reply, if there is anything anyone thinks I should add please let me know.  It is nice that my 'interest has been logged and passed on the the 4oD team'.  Perhaps if more of us politley contact Channel 4 directly and explain how this affects us, they would make 4oD on Bravia a great priority?

Here is the link for anyone who would like to contact Channel 4
.http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us/

Catmambo
Contributor

There have been numerous meetings and possible solutions offered to Channel 4 to develop for several years, they have simply chosen not to develop the service to date for BRAVIA and indeed most smart TV's looking at the wider market. Shame as we'd love to have them on there.

Thanks

drkcwu

Sorry to repeat my question above but do Samsung SMART tvs definitely have the itv player? Does anyone know for definite because I don't want to repeat the cock-up I made in buying not one but two Sony tvs last year? Thanks

Message was edited by: drkcwu

bryfly
New

Come on Sony, after well over a year enough is enough, if you are not going to provide your customers with itv player and 4od (which appears to be the case) then have the balls to say so, stop treating us to the mushroom syndrome.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed some text as not in a tone supported by the forum

Message was edited by: admin

IdRatherBeSkiing
New

Been looking for a TV with suitable connectivity etc, over my disappointment of EX503 (no .avi support, no ITV player as promised etc...) so been looking at Samsung 6800, I let it do an update when TV asked in the shop and ITV player was there had a quick play over curry's wireless network. This was about a 2 weeks back. So I assume this is a relatively recent release on the Samsung. Got swayed to looking at the LG LM760/LM670, because I wear glasses and have kids and the LG 3D is passive seams much better that the Samsung active for me... anyway I've not seen the ITV Player on the LG yet. still not bought one yet.

boobbby
Visitor

I alos have a smart Sony tv which includes the BBC player but not the ITV player. I also have a wireless conection to my Sky +HD box and notice that it includes the ITV player and that on the 30 Oct 2012 it will also have the BBC player. You would think that as many other boxes including Samsung TV's now include both ITV and BBC player that Sony would also include it on their televisions.