Join now - be part of our community!

Where do I press to get the "Heart" key on remote RM-ED044 ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
leamphil
Visitor

Where do I press to get the "Heart" key on remote RM-ED044 ?

Thread https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/121517 answers the question of how to only get favourite channels with the channel up & down buttons  ... but I can't find the "heart" button on my remote.  [I thought I'd better start a new thread rather than tagging on an older one.]

I have a new KDL46-EX720.  I can follow all the instructions in the thread above up to number 2.8.

Where exactly is the "Heart" key on the remote ?  (RM-ED044)  I've looked all over it and cannot see a "Heart" key.

Is there a way to get into Favourites mode without pressing the "Heart" key ?

Message was edited by: leamphil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

leamphil wrote:

I think we are at cross-purposes.

I've got the Guide set up as above.

When I use the Remote channel up/down button it goes through all the channels, not just the Favourites.

How do I limit this (not the Guide) to just the Favourite channels ??

dobbelina wrote:

I have already done as you suggested, and it works fine, however, if you don't want

"non-favourite" channels when using the Channel up&down button,

my remedy is the only one that works.

I don't see it as a big problem to delete channels that you can't or wont watch.

Once setup, you are good to go until you need a new channel.

(And this is not something you do every day)

Then you can always do that manual search, so you don't need to re-install

all the channels again.

H both,

as you both have mentioned the pressing of the channel Up & Down button only allows you to change the channels that are default in the main guide. Why it does not recognise your Favourite channels set-up is strange..:smileyconfused:

I'll feed this back to Sony to see if there is a work around but for the moment I think you have two options..

Either delete the channels that do you not wish to view as mentioned by dobbelina which allows you to use the channel up & down button..

Or

Set up your favourites as per the guide above & press guide when you want to jump to one of your favourite channels..

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi leamphil,

the heart key on the KDL-**ex713's remote has been replaced by the Sync Key on your Bravia's remote..:smileysad:

For some reason a guide on how to set up your favourites does not seem to be included in the users guide, so here is one I've put together..

Press Guide on your remote & then press Options..

Press Up on the large circular key until you reach Guide Favourites Set-up, then press the small inner circular key (+)..

Select Guide Favourite 1..

Using the larger circular key move the white bar to the channel you want to add to your favourite list, once you have the the white bar on the channel you want to add press the smaller + circular key to add a tick next to that channel..

Repeat the process until all of your favourites are selected..

Once finished press the Return key once..

Now press the Options Key & again press Up on the larger circular key until you reach Category, then press the + circular key..

Press Down on the outer circular key until you reach Guide Favourites 1 & then press the circular + key..

Now every time you press the Guide button you will be presented with your Favourites..:smileywink:

If other members of your household want to create their own favourites list repeat the guide above but select Guide Favourites 2..

leamphil
Visitor

Thanks - I've managed to get the Guide set to the Favourites  ...

... BUT how do I get the channel up/down button to just go through Favourites ??  ... as there isn't a "Heart" button on the remote ???

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

leamphil wrote:

Thanks - I've managed to get the Guide set to the Favourites  ...

... BUT how do I get the channel up/down button to just go through Favourites ??  ... as there isn't a "Heart" button on the remote ???

All was explained in the guide above, just below this line of text - Repeat the process until all of your favourites are selected..:smileywink:

However I'll explain how to access your favourites below to avoid any confusion..:smileyhappy:

Press Home now press the Options Key & again press Up on the larger circular key until you reach Category, then press the + circular key..

Press Down on the outer circular key until you reach Guide Favourites 1 & then press the circular + key..

Now every time you press the Guide button you will be presented with your Favourites..

If  other members of your household want to create their own favourites  list repeat the guide above but select Guide Favourites 2..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

the only way I know of to access just your favourite TV channels is as per my guide above..:smileyconfused:

You can access an Favourites section which has a heart icon but it does not link with the personalised favourites that you have currently set..

To access the favourites section (heart icon) press home and go right or left along the menu bar until you reach the heart icon, but as I stated above this does not link with your personalised TV guide favourites..

Feel free to check with Sony's official support but I don't think they will be able to offer anything different but I'm happy to be proved wrong..

profile.country.sv_SE.title
dobbelina
Visitor

Hi all,

I have the same remote (without a heart), and this is how i do:

Go here:

Home>Digital-setup>Digital programme sorting

Now choose the channel/channels you don't want

And click Option>Delete

Voi'la problem solved.

Really neat with the Sony tv is that you don't have to re-install all the channels,

if you want a single, or a few channels back afterwards.

In the setup menu you can do a manual search for single channels.

It is good though, if you know which channel/frequency they are located at before searching :wink:

profile.country.sv_SE.title
dobbelina
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for having me.

And i have to say, this forum seems to have genuine support by first glance.

Or at least you seem to care, and that says a lot.

I just got rid of a Philips tv (with a buy back guarantee) that i asked for

support in the Philips support forum.

A worse community than theirs is hard to find.

Every second post there is from frustrated users that aren't getting any help at all.

(Philips firmware is a joke)

A really fresh breeze coming here.

I have already done as you suggested, and it works fine, however, if you don't want

I don't see it as a big problem to delete channels that you can't or wont watch.

all the channels again.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dobbelina,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Thanks for posting, have you thought of setting up your Favourites as per the guide below because this would allow you to see just the programs you want without the need to delete & re-install later..:smileywink:

Press Guide on your remote & then press Options..

Press Up on the large circular key until you reach Guide Favourites Set-up, then press the small inner circular key (+)..

Select Guide Favourite 1..

Using  the larger circular key move the white bar to the channel you want to  add to your favourite list, once you have the the white bar on the  channel you want to add press the smaller + circular key to add a tick  next to that channel..

Repeat the process until all of your favourites are selected..

Once finished press the Return key once..

Now press the Options Key & again press Up on the larger circular key until you reach Category, then press the + circular key..

If at a later date you want to return to the full channel listings then do the following..

Press Guide now press the Options Key & again press Up on the larger circular key until you reach Category, then press the + circular key..

Press Down on the outer circular key until you reach Guide & then press the circular + key..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

leamphil wrote:

When I use the Remote channel up/down button it goes through all the channels, not just the Favourites.

dobbelina wrote:

all the channels again.

H both,

as you both have mentioned the pressing of the channel Up & Down button only allows you to change the channels that are default in the main guide. Why it does not recognise your Favourite channels set-up is strange..:smileyconfused:

I'll feed this back to Sony to see if there is a work around but for the moment I think you have two options..

Either delete the channels that do you not wish to view as mentioned by dobbelina which allows you to use the channel up & down button..

Or

Set up your favourites as per the guide above & press guide when you want to jump to one of your favourite channels..

leamphil
Visitor

From the post linked at the top, it says:

1. Setting Favourites on screen

2.1.  Press home on remote (menu appears)

2.2.  Go to TV channels

2.3.  Move to the TV channel you want to select as favourite

2.4.  Press options on remote

2.5.  Menu appears (add to favourites) – Press enter

2.6.  Select another channel until all channels are stored as favourites

2.7.  Press return to get out of menu

2.8.  Press “Heart” key on remote

2.9.  Favourites bar appears at bottom of screen

2.10.        Move to “TV programmes” – these are your favourites which were set in menu.

It is step 2.8 above that I cannot do with a remote that does not have a "Heart" key - so how do I get the Favourites bar at the bottom of the screen.