Join now - be part of our community!

AR51SU and WinDVD

zodski
Visitor

AR51SU and WinDVD

I've had a problem with my WinDVD BD which was so bad that I decided to uninstall and reinstall from the recovery discs. However, when I user the VAIO Revovery Centre, it is not listed on the programs that can be re-installed. I can find the WinDVD folder on my recovery disc, but cannot install from there. So, no more Blu-ray films. Cab anyone tell me how I can re-install the original version o that I can upgrade to the latest version? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi zodski,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

I have sent you a Private Message, use the following link to View your messages: Private Messages

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

hi,
I would also like to know if there is any way to install win dvd after uninstalling it.

thanks in advance

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi marino

I have sent you a Private Message, use the following link to View your messages: Private Messages

carloscerros
Visitor

hi,
I would also like to know if there is any way to install win dvd after uninstalling it.

thanks in advance

Hi marino,

Unfortunatelly, you are right, WinDVD is NOT listed in the applications in case you need to reinstall it.
The only & official solution from Sony is FULL RECOVERY the unit then magically WinDVD will be back ...
At this point, Sony does not provide any other solution.

KR