Join now - be part of our community!

battery difference and compatible battery

cucca
Visitor

battery difference and compatible battery

Hello,
i would like to but a more capable battery for my fs-215M notebook. I seen that the BPL2 and BPL2C will give me and autonomy of at least 4 hours. I would like to ask you if the battery could give me problems for its dimensions (i've understand that will come out the notebook right?) and which is the difference between the model with the C.

Other question: Do you have tryed some compatible battery? Could you suggest me some brand/website to buy it (prefeared in europe)?

thank you

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cucca,

According to the specs for the fs-215M it appears that the VGP-BPL2C is the replacement model..
It is available from Sony style for 413,00 € IVA incl...:smileyhappy:

I guess the VGP-BPL2C is a newer model than the VGP-BPL2...:smileyconfused:

cucca
Visitor

in that page it mark the batteries model with the C as "normal" and the one without with "extended"... I don't understand the difference... maybe dimensions?
could you suggest me some "compatible" battery? 400 euro is too much expensive!!! It cost 1/3 of the price of the notebook!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cucca,

I think the information printed for the top two batteries may be the wrong way round...

I would guess that if you currently have the older VGP-BPL2 battery and you wish to replace it you now have to purchase a VGP-BPL2C, you could alsways phone Sony-style for clarification...:smileyhappy:

Batterie estese
VGP-BPL2 Batteria a lunga durata per le serie VGN-S, VGN-FJ e VGN-FS.
Durata batteria: da 4 a 8 ore a seconda del modello
Peso: 0,475 kg
Tecnologia: ioni di litio

Risoluzione dei problemi
Manuali
Questo accessorio non è più in vendita
Replacement accessory: VGP-BPL2C

As to finding a cheaper battery, I guess searching with google may help...:smileyconfused:

cucca
Visitor

Hi cucca,

I think the information printed for the top two batteries may be the wrong way round...

I would guess that if you currently have the older VGP-BPL2 battery and you wish to replace it you now have to purchase a VGP-BPL2C, you could alsways phone Sony-style for clarification...:smileyhappy:

I'll do it if I decide to buy an original one :wink:

As to finding a cheaper battery, I guess searching with google may help...:smileyconfused:

mmm yes... you are right, but i'm afraid of not-working brand... in hongkong you can find cheaper battery (about 100 euro with transport cost included) but i'm afraid that could happenthat the battery will not become charged at 100% or low quality... that's why i asked if somebody have experience about this :slight_smile:

anyway, thank you very much for you help!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cucca,

I have found a site that has a replacment battery for £96,94 (approx €145??) however the stated dimensions are slightly different to Sony style...

It does state the batteries are guaranteed 100% compatible... Not sure how easy it would be to get a refund if it doesn't fit though...:smileywink:

cucca
Visitor

thank you very very very much Thalamus!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, I would suggest if you going to purchase this one that you try and confirm that it will fit your FS215M before ordering if possible... :wink: