Join now - be part of our community!

Bought a sony vaio fit 15e but won't boot?

Bought a sony vaio fit 15e but won't boot?

My brand new Sony vaio arrived 24th October (today's the 25th October) and I read that the first time you turn it on it'll take a few minuets to load. Well after an hour and a half and the screen being blank, the charging light not lit and the button next to that occasionally flashing I turned it off. 30 minuets ago (it's 9:45pm) I decided to try again but im still experiencing the same as yesterday. I have tried to ring sony customer support 3 times but keep asking me for numbers I do not have so I end up having to put down the phone. Could anybody know what is wrong with the laptop? It is brand new, never been used so what could possibly be wrong? First time I've ever bought a sony product being recommended that they were good, but now spending nearly 600 pounds I'm very disappointed!
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sachaaleigh and welcome.

Did you buy the Vaio direct from Sony, or through a third party vendor?

It sounds to me that you either need to return it to the seller and ask for a replacement, or you need to speak to Sony Support.

I presume support are asking you for the Vaio's Serial Number.  This will look like this: -

Serial.jpg

You should find the 8 digit + 7 digit number on the Vaio itself or on the box where you see the barcodes.  I am not sure about the latest models but on previous models on the box, the first 8 digit code was prefaced by "P-" and the second 7 digit code by "S01-"

EDIT:-  Unfortunately, Support are only open during office hours, Mon to Fri.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sachaaleigh

Just a thought - what happens when you press the ASSIST button when the Vaio is completely shut down?  If Vaio Care Rescue starts up, you may be able to reinstall the operating system.

:thinking:

Hi,

No it doesn't matter what I press the screen doesn't even light up blank it just is blank. I ordered it from a 3rd party and they keep telling me to get hold of sony put his laptop doesn't have no serial number on it! The only thing I can find is the model number.