Join now - be part of our community!

Can I connect a firewire device to the sve1712z1EB

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
padavie35
New

Can I connect a firewire device to the sve1712z1EB

I can't read the downloaded manuals - and I don't know if there is a pc card slot or whatelese i can do. My sound has a saffire pro soundcard that only has firewire connections. I need a way o connecting to his new laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  padavie35,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As can been seen by the image below your vaio does not have a firewire or an Express card slot..

Ports.JPG

It may be worth a visit to maplins to see if they have some kind of adaptor that you could use..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  padavie35,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As can been seen by the image below your vaio does not have a firewire or an Express card slot..

Ports.JPG

It may be worth a visit to maplins to see if they have some kind of adaptor that you could use..

profile.country.en_GB.title
padavie35
New

Thanks for taking the trouble - and yes, you are right. Maplin were surprised that Sonywas producing a laptop without firewire - and their solutions involved PCMCIA and so on. Another solution they thought might be a usb 3 to firewire - but not available yet.  Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi padavie35,

I think you'll find that Sony are not the only manufacturer to move away from firewire..

Another solution they thought might be a usb 3 to firewire - but not available yet.  Thanks

Suprised there is nothing on the market yet, hopefully someone will identify the need & produce something soon..