Join now - be part of our community!

can i upgrade my sony vaio laptop VGN-FZ11M with a bigger processor?

HellspawnUK
Visitor

can i upgrade my sony vaio laptop VGN-FZ11M with a bigger processor?

Any help with this would be most apreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
carloscerros
Visitor

Yes, you can do it but @ your own risks !!!

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Yes, you can... but, I do not agree... I believe that brings more problems and no solution at all... Even because, not just only the processor that will be changed...

HellspawnUK
Visitor

Can you let me know what type of problems that will occur as i was hoping it wouldnt be that difficult

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

General comments...

- You will lost the warranty...
- You will be not able to do this alone, I mean... you really needs a professional assistance to make the upgrade.
- You really needs to know which motherboard you have, because in some cases... the motherboard will not support the processor...
- A "NEW" processor means more power and more heating... so, you need to check if the fan is adequate to perform the cooler work correctly... and the battery supply "maybe" will run out quickly than you thought...
- Also, maybe the "size" from your "new" processor doesn't fit in your motherboard correctly...
- Normally a powerfull processor needs more Ram memory to obtain a better performance...
Considering that every step cost money... after all, maybe you will spend a lot of money without get the result that you are looking for...

I am not a technical person and you will find a lot of experts here... and problably they will show you other related issues...