Join now - be part of our community!

Can't play BDs on my new VGN-AR51SU

markkendrick
Visitor

Can't play BDs on my new VGN-AR51SU

I'm not able to play (free Spider-man 3) blu-ray disks on my new Vaio. The drive recognises and plays (through InterVideo WinDVD 8.0DXVA B08.425) normal DVDs, but not BDs.

When I tried to download the WinDVD BD update, I got this message: "This upgrade patch can't apply to your version of WinDVD. Setup will now abort"

Sony's support have taken me through two restore processes (I don't know why...), but still the optical drive won't play BDs.

Any ideas folks?!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi markkendrick,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

What version of Win DVD BD do you have installed on your Vaio.?

To check the version number, launch Intervideo WinDVD BD for Vaio, then right click on the WinDVD BD for Vaio application window, from the list select Set-Up.

In the new Set-Up window select the Information Tab.

markkendrick
Visitor

As per my original post, it's 8.0DXVA B08.425.

Mark.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

it's 8.0DXVA B08.425.

Hi markkendrick,

The InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 version that's installed on your Vaio is the latest version available at the moment, which I seem to remember improves playback compatibility and should allow Spiderman to run..

There was a WinDVD Version 8.0 DXVA B08.385 available earlier last month but several Vaio users had a problem installing the update..

If your interested in reading the New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 thread, then click on the following link to view:WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 Thread