Join now - be part of our community!

dead laptop

MABEL
Visitor

dead laptop

we have a vgn fs215e which has hardly been used more than a couple of hours. It's not been used for 3 months, I have just plugged in the charger and am getting nothing at all, the charger is working (green light on) but nothing on the laptop. Any ideas please (it worked fine last time we used it)
Geoff

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Geoff and welcome.

As the notebook has been unused for some time it could possibly be that the battery has become totally discharged and needs time connected to the charger to recover. Try removing the battery and boot on the AC adaptor – If this works then at least you will have narrowed the problem to the battery.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
pietra85
Visitor

Hi Geoff and welcome.

As the notebook has been unused for some time it could possibly be that the battery has become totally discharged and needs time connected to the charger to recover. Try removing the battery and boot on the AC adaptor – If this works then at least you will have narrowed the problem to the battery.

Hi, I have this same problem but it happend after 4 days of not usage.
I have tried to turn on my laptom without batery - nothink happened.
I have taken batery from my friend (has this same laptop) - no action.
We tried to switch chargers - nothing.

Can you advise what should I do now? Please.

Arek

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Arek,

Welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Unplug the power supply and remove the cable and all connected devices from your Vaio, then remove battery.

Once done press and hold down power button for a full 30 seconds, then replace the battery and then plug in power cord. Once completed turn the laptop on..

pietra85
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,
I did all what you said and unfortunately still my laptop is not working 😞
Any ideas what can be wrong?
What should I do next?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Arek,

either contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Or

See if a local repairer in your area can identify your Vaio's problem..