Join now - be part of our community!

DRIVER PCG-7G1M

lostrinks
Visitor

DRIVER PCG-7G1M

Hi,

I read in many foruns about the difficult of get the driver for this model.
I hope some one can help me soon. I'm trying to help a friend with his notebook, but he doesn't have the cd with the drivers anymore.
I need to format the notebook, but I can't find the driver.
So, can someone help me?

regards

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi lostrinks and welcome to Club Vaio.

The reason you are having difficulty finding the Drivers for this Vaio is because you are quoting a Chassis Number, not a Vaio Model. Drivers are not produced for different chassis types and you need to look at the screen surround to find the proper Vaio Model Type.

I think the PCG-7G1M chassis is used in the European model VGN-FS415 Series.

You can download the Original Drivers Package and the Original Utilities Package for this model from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=2153

You can download any Updates for this model from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FS&m=2153

These are XP Drivers of course.

Come back if you need further information.

:wink:

EDIT: When new, this model came with a Recovery Partition in a hidden area on the hard drive and you could reformat the Vaio back to it's original state by going to All Programs -> Vaio Recovery Tool -> Vaio Recovery Utility and choosing to either Recover Drive C:\ only or to recover the whole computer back to factory settings.

Are you trying to reinstall the original Operating System or are you doing a clean install of another retail Operating System?

:thinking:

treble333
Explorer

Can someone help me with drivers for pcg-7g1m, had no cd when having to reload system have managed to get almost everything working apart from wireless lan.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi treble333,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Although it states model on the label on the underside of your Vaio this actually refers to the chassis type..

In order to direct you to the correct drivers could you please supply us with the actual product number which you should be able to find on the bottom right corner of the screen surround..

If Blencogo is correct in his post above it should be VGN-FS415* and an additional letter..