Join now - be part of our community!

Error / Problem messages on a FZ21Z

Brendan100
Visitor

Error / Problem messages on a FZ21Z

Hi All...I have a FZ21Z since Nov 07 and of late I am plagued with a very slow computer with numerous messages at start up....
1. Bluetooth tray has stopped working....Only option is close the program
2. Cam Watcher package for Click to DVD BD has stopped working.
3. Arcsoft Magic-i-visual effects has stopped working.
4. iTunes helper module has stopped working
5. Vaio event service ( Service Hub Module ) has stopped working correctly.
6. APDPROXY.EXE.- unable to locate component - This application failed to start because
Conn API.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

Like everybody else, when brand new this laptop would heat up and the fans were very audible but now the laptop is almost stone cold and with no fans to be heard. Some programs, like Adobe Photoshop, are taking almost 1 minute to open. At this moment in time, my 5 year old Dell laptop is faster at everything. Would anybody know what is wrong ? Any help would be much appreciated.....Brendan.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

You showed so many issues...

Let's start with a general approach...

1) Take a look at : Device manager and try to find out if all devices are correctly installed. If NOT, you can repair the drivers...
2) Your computer is up-to-date ? See here...
3) Desfragmentation (01 time by month). Perform.
4) TuneUp Utilities 2008 - You can download the Trial version here...
You have several option to increase performance with this software. Just use all.

After to try these steps, tell us what was improved and what was not and we will to find out together what is going on...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Brendan100,

did you uninstall anything before the problems started.?

Have you run a Virus and malware/spyware scan.?

Does a system restore to a point before all these problems occurred help.?

Brendan100
Visitor

Hi itbroker and Thalamus...Took your advice and purchased TuneUp Ulilities 2008 today and found I had over 150 problems between System Components, Applications and Registry Structure. I fixed all of them and following your suggestions, I then set about cutting the startup programs to the bare minimum. Such a difference in time for startup and shutdown. I still cannot find anything in relation to the message " Bluetooth Tray has stopped working " Mind you, this has also disappeared at startup. It appears to be the best € 38 I have spent on software to date. I check in on this forum on a regular basis and I have noticed that you both know your stuff inside out. Thank you both for your help and your prompt replies.....Brendan.

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

You are Welcome ! :smileygrin:

Did you check the Device Manager ?

If you find any yellow advice on the Device's name... that's mean that the device is not correctly installed or has a conflict with another device. It's easy to fix this problem using the option repair... or can you be more specific ???