Join now - be part of our community!

Fine Dotted Vertical Line(s) on my Vaio Monitor

Fine Dotted Vertical Line(s) on my Vaio Monitor

Good morning everyone.

I have a Sony SVE1711R1EB laptop - purchased 26th October 2012.  Up to 24 hours ago it was absoluteley fine.  Suddenly a thin vertical dotted line appeared almost in line with the F12 key and usually there is another in line with the Delete key - this is a full sized keyboard by the way.

I have read other messages about this problem, have rebooted and checked to see if it is there on the BIOS screen, and it is.  Strangely the second line, when it is there, flickers when the hard disc light is flashing - strange.  I am still in guarantee, but obviously if anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

3 REPLIES 3

I have managed to sort it out - I think!  Plugged the laptop into the Sony TV - the line disappeared, went back to laptop and it appeared again.  I uninstalled Google Chrome and the add-on Add Blocker.  reinstalled Google Chrome and added Add Blocker Plus - the horrid line has gone away.  Can't possibly believe it was as simple as that - but fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

Nope - it is back - sorry to clutter up the page but I cannot see how to delete messages.  Any ideas what to do next would be greatly appreciated - flumuxed :(:smileycry:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Yorkshire_Lass wrote:

Good morning everyone.

I have a Sony SVE1711R1EB laptop - purchased 26th October 2012.  Up to 24 hours ago it was absoluteley fine.  Suddenly a thin vertical dotted line appeared almost in line with the F12 key and usually there is another in line with the Delete key - this is a full sized keyboard by the way.

I have read other messages about this problem, have rebooted and checked to see if it is there on the BIOS screen, and it is.  Strangely the second line, when it is there, flickers when the hard disc light is flashing - strange.  I am still in guarantee, but obviously if anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Hi Yorkshire_Lass,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

As you have the line(s) in the BIOS as well as within the Windows OS I would suggest you contact Vaio support for further assistance..

Use the following link to locate contact details for Vaio suport