Join now - be part of our community!

Getting AV mode to work

Johnston411
Visitor

Getting AV mode to work

I am trying to restore my VGN NR21Z as the S1 and AV buttons are not working.

Is there a simple driver or download which will fix it. If so where can i find it as i'm not having any luck. Is it one of the packages in reinstall software and drivers on laptop? If so which one as when i try to do the lot it errors out.

Cheers

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

are you restoring your Vaio using the Vaio recovery utility or are you installing your own copy of Vista.?

The S1 and AV keys are controlled by the Utilities packages, but unfortunately the utilities package for your model does not contain the utilities you require. ie AV Mode Button Utility, Sony Utilities DLL and Setting Utilities Series.. :thinking:

Johnston411
Visitor

Hi Paul,

are you restoring your Vaio using the Vaio recovery utility or are you installing your own copy of Vista.?

The S1 and AV keys are controlled by the Utilities packages, but unfortunately the utilities package for your model does not contain the utilities you require. ie AV Mode Button Utility, Sony Utilities DLL and Setting Utilities Series.. :thinking:

That would explain why i'm not having much luck. I wonder why the utilities package doesn't contain the utilities i need?

Are they available to download as i have everything else set up as i want it and do not want to reinstall vista again.

When i said restore i did not actually mean a full system restore. The shipped vista that came with the laptops buttons no longer work and using system restore has not fixed the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support and ask them why these utilities are not available, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Johnston411
Visitor

Hi Paul,

I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support and ask them why these utilities are not available, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

Hi Thalamus,

Cheers for your advice.

The phone support is closed today.

I expected it to be a simple solution. :slight_frown:

It does seem odd on a site full of support, software and drivers a seemingly very important one has been left out.

Anyone else got any ideas?

If not i'll phone on Monday.