Join now - be part of our community!

How Can I Cleanly Install Windows 8 on my Saony VAIO SVE1513M1EW

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mark-h
New

How Can I Cleanly Install Windows 8 on my Saony VAIO SVE1513M1EW

hello sony vaio forums.

I recently bought a sony vaio SWVE1513M1EW. I would like to backup all the recovery partitions and media should i choose to reinstall them later.

But. for now I would like to remove all existing partitions including recovery ones. and make a completely clean install of windows 8. How can I do this? Is this possible ?

There is also alot of softwate that came preinstalled on my laptop that I do not want. but if i was to make a clean install of windows 8 how could I reinstall programs such as PowerDVD and VAIO Movie creator ?

I cannot see a download link for these products on my laptops software and drivers download page. would it be possible to download and reinstall these products if i was to make a clean install of windows 8 ?

The reason I want to create a clean install of windows 8. Is because I know I would see an increase in my overall systems perfomance once all the bloatware has been remove after a clean install of windows 8.

Is there a way I can make a completely clean instalation of windows 8 ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaveTK
Explorer

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if this attachement helps or not and you may have already seen it but maybe you could create another set of media backup disks following the procedure to remove the partitions.

I'm sure I know a lot less about these things than you.

I also wonder if this procedure automatically updates the already created media backup disks with new information about the removed partitions. Unfortunately the procedure doesn't explain why it is necessary to insert the recovery media whilst the partitions are being removed.

I would be interested to know how you get on. I have bought a similar machine and can't help wondering why there are two dissimilar sized partitions for recovery and whether these are Vaio specific rather than Win8 specific.

Anyway, good luck.

DeletePartitions_1.png

DeletePartitions_2.png

Hopefully the text will be readable when I add the reply. It is from the Sony user manual so you can get to it on the Sony website assuming that you haven't already done so.

Here goes!

Regards

DaveTK

Message was edited by: DaveTK

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1513M1EW/manuals Down load zip file. After extracting and opening the guide. Search

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mark-h and welcome.

For licensing reasons, some of the preinstalled programs like PowerDVD are not available for download and if you want to do a clean install of Windows 8, you will lose this software and have to replace it yourself.

:thinking:

mark-h
New

hello Blencogo thanks for your reply.

this still leaves me with my main issue..

how can I make a completely clean windows 8 installl. after deleting all recovery partitions ?

is there any way I can make a windows 8 install DVD without recovery partitions on the media.

I would like to create A windows 8 DVD like my old windows 7 one.

How can I do this ?

DaveTK
Explorer

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if this attachement helps or not and you may have already seen it but maybe you could create another set of media backup disks following the procedure to remove the partitions.

I'm sure I know a lot less about these things than you.

I also wonder if this procedure automatically updates the already created media backup disks with new information about the removed partitions. Unfortunately the procedure doesn't explain why it is necessary to insert the recovery media whilst the partitions are being removed.

I would be interested to know how you get on. I have bought a similar machine and can't help wondering why there are two dissimilar sized partitions for recovery and whether these are Vaio specific rather than Win8 specific.

Anyway, good luck.

DeletePartitions_1.png

DeletePartitions_2.png

Hopefully the text will be readable when I add the reply. It is from the Sony user manual so you can get to it on the Sony website assuming that you haven't already done so.

Here goes!

Regards

DaveTK

Message was edited by: DaveTK

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1513M1EW/manuals Down load zip file. After extracting and opening the guide. Search

mark-h
New

hi Dave TK

thank-you for your reply.ctualy read the manual and saw that part. but i appreciate

your helpful post.