Join now - be part of our community!

Loud fan noise - Sony VAIO SVT1313V1ES

ToastQ
Explorer

Loud fan noise - Sony VAIO SVT1313V1ES

Hi, I recently bought a SVT1313V1ES and the fan is running ridiculoasly loud. Now, I've used a sound meter, and it measures in at around 70 dB. 70 db! It's just insane. That's the same loudness as normal conversation, and this only when I open up a few tabs on Chrome.

Now, I know this is/was a common issue, and I want to know if there's any way that Sony will recognise this as a fault. I can return the laptop, but only if it is deemed faulty, after being inspected by a Sony engineer. Is there any possiblity this will actually happen? Or will they just pass it off as normal?

Frankly, it's really frustrating. I'm currently trying to sell it on Gumtree and the like if it can't be returned, but people are offering me £100 less than what I bought it for. Not pleased at all.

4 REPLIES 4
Black.Dave
Explorer

I am very close to smashing my vaio on the radiator! 

Black.Dave
Explorer

It's a SVP1321C5E and it just is not workin right. The track pad has a mind of it's own, connectivity sluggish, almost no auto updates, and don't even mention the fan!

Black.Dave
Explorer

Oh! .. and the screen has a strange brightness adjustment...very strange -almost flickering effect! This baby was not ready for the market!

ToastQ
Explorer

Wow, that sounds ridiculous. When did you buy it?

But I agree, I don't know what Sony think they're doing, putting laptops/Ultrabooks out on the market that shouldn't be there yet. The fan is the major thing that's really annoying me, along with the trackpad. Honestly, I just want to be rid of the thing, and I don't want to lose any money either.