Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft Office 1 or 3 trials?!?!

SOLVED
DanGardner
Explorer

Microsoft Office 1 or 3 trials?!?!

I purchased Microsoft office home and student 2013 before for £109 and the item description says for up to 3 uses but the picture of the product has '1 PC' on the top of the box!

I bought this for the primary reason for the 3 uses and hope I haven't been mis-sold this product!

Help please :slight_smile:
Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi Dan,

I am sure you can use it for the 3 PCs.

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I'm sure you're as powerful as ever :wink:

Just a quick update for everyone -  I believe DanGardner has been contacted and the issue has been cleared up.

According to the revised advert you get:

"One user license - Transfer your Office and activate it on a new or different PC as many times as you want but not more than once every 90 days."

11-09-2013 18-52-55.jpg

Advert page - Here

:slight_smile:

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
tweety2b

Hi Dan,

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
DanGardner
Explorer

Thanks Nico, really appreciate that :slight_smile:
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@tweety2b wrote:

Hi Dan,

Cheers,

Nico

Hi Dan,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Did you get any licence information confirmation from Microsoft at the time of purchase.?

I was of the understanding that the Office Home & Student 2013 was licenced for One user - Office Home & Student 2013

The only flavour of office that offers multi licence was Office 365 which is an annual payment & is licenced for 5 devices..

More info here - Choose your Office

:thinking:

tweety2b

That is for the online version. I know retail versions deviate from it slightly.

Better check with the store where you bought it then :S

Cheers,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@tweety2b wrote:

That is for the online version. I know retail versions deviate from it slightly.

I think all Office & Student 2013 versions are now licenced for one user now, I think it's Microsoft plan to push those who want office on multiple devices over to Office 365's subscription plan..

@tweety2b wrote:
Better check with the store where you bought it then :S

Indeed may be best to check to be 100% sure..

DanGardner
Explorer

Well the item description says for 'the use on 3 home PC's' so do you think I have been mis-sold this product?
DanGardner
Explorer

I bought this off the Sony website so you can check the description yourself. I will be so annoyed if its a one use thing.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

Yes I can see the advert mentions 3 licenses - I have escalated this for you to check if it is an error or genuine.

Microsoft originally wanted  Office 2013 to only be installed on one pc, and that pc forever. :anguished:

I believe in March they made the decision to allow people to install on another machine if the original one broke down / went off for repair / the user bought another one.

I do think with this version it is one pc at one time. (Unless some arrangement has been made that we're not aware of.)

If you can bear with us we should know something soon hopefully :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

@jumpsuit wrote:

If you can bear with us we should know something soon hopefully :slight_smile:

If you have escalated this to Sony support and expect a reply then I really do admire your optimism:smileywink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat