Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye and Skype

Skerstupeit
Visitor

Motion Eye and Skype

Hi,

this might be discussed earlier, but the search function in this chat doesn't work with me.

I just bought a SZ-71WN today, downgraded to XP, installed the latest version of Skype and try to get the Webcam working. So far the Picture is just black.

Anybody has a link where the same problem was already solved?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Skerstupeit
Visitor

:thinking:
I still can not find anything. Any help would be very appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Skerstupeit and welcome to Club Vaio.

Did you use the Sony downgrade to XP Drivers and Utilities from here?: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/SZ7/

Check to see if the Camera is installed correctly in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices

Do you have Vaio Camera Utility installed in C:\Program Files\Sony?

:thinking:

Skerstupeit
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

thanks for helping! :slight_smile:

I bought the Laptop together with the XP downgrade.
As far I as I understand the driver for the camera is from windows. The device Manger tells me that. I also don't have a Camera Utility installed in the Sony folder.
How to do that?
My girlfriend says hello to you. She doesn't want to believe me that the camera doesn't work with my new laptop. She thinks that's an excuse. She needs the camera to have control over me when I am on business trips in sin cities. :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi.

Firstly you need to install the camera which is not straightforward.

1. Download 6_CAMERA.ZIP from here to a folder where you can find it (something like C:\Drivers): -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/SZ7/DRIVERS/

2. Go to C:\Drivers and right-click on 6_CAMERA.ZIP and choose "Extract All". Just click on Next -> Next to extract the files.

3. Go to Device Manager and find the camera. Right-click on it and choose 'Update Driver'.

4. Choose 'No, not this time' -> 'Install from List or Specific Location' -> 'Don't Search, I will choose a driver to install' -> 'Have Disc' and browse to C:\Drivers\6_Camera\5U870UVC.inf

5. If successfully installed it will show as "Sony Visual Communication Camera" in Device Manager -> Imaging Devices.

To install the VAIO Camera Utility, download 10_VAIO_CAMERA_UTILITY.ZIP from here to a folder like C:\Utilities (it does not seem to be available for your model, only the SZ5): -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/SZ4-SZ5/UTILITIES/

1. Right-click on 10_VAIO_CAMERA_UTILITY.ZIP and choose "Extract All". Next -> Next and choose 'Show extracted files'.

2. Double-click on C:\Utilities\Vaio Camera Utility\Setup.EXE

Good Luck!

:wink: