Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Sony Vaio Recovery Utility / VGN-FE41M

melregeisz
Visitor

Problems with Sony Vaio Recovery Utility / VGN-FE41M

Hello,

I have a problem with my Sony Vaio FE41M notebook.

The unit worked well for a long time. Gradually, however, it has begun to enlarge. During the work, it freezes for a short time (about 10-15 seconds), then you can return to work. Also, the performance in my opinion has clearly subsided.

So I thought, I secure my data and recover the NB with the "Vaio Recovery Utility". First, I wanted to create recovery DVDs with the Vaio Recovery Utility. However, the tool always canceled with the words that I should restart the unit and try again. So, a few DVDs are from different vendors are "trashed"...

Then I wanted to recover without DVDs, directly from the recovery partition on the HDD. I restarted the notebook, pressed F10 key and the recovery tool started. Then I selected the option: "Notebook completely restore" (item 3 in the selection list).

NOW THE PROBLEM:
The recovery tool breaks ever. With about 25% completion, it breaks with the message "for the recovery process is a mistake occurred. Begin ... again before the front. (Error Code = 63).". I tried it several times, always the same.

Now, the notebook can no longer be used, because Windows will not boot (the C partition was formatted...) and I have no recovery image.

Who can help me now??

Many Thanks for your help!
Jens

P.S.: sorry for the bad english, I translated my german thread with "Google Transalator"...

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi melregeisz,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

From what you have posted it appears your HDD recovery partition my be corrupted.. :thinking:

You will probably have to order a replacement recover disc set..

I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

melregeisz
Visitor

@ Thalamus:
thank you for your answer.

But when I order a replacement recovery disk I have to pay this, right?

I don´t want to pay for it, because it´s definitly not my mistake...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jens,

hopefully someone from Sony should be in contact soon.. :wink:

Please check the registration contact details are correct (click here )..