Join now - be part of our community!

Protected Mode on - stopping my email replies!

nickcbd
Visitor

Protected Mode on - stopping my email replies!

Hi - Sony Viao Laptop VGN - TX5XN with Business Vista out of the box no exra software or hardware added!

I am able to sign in to the web using IE7 and access most websites I have tried so far. I can sign into my companies email exchange service and receive emails. I am able to send a email, however I am unable to send emails with text in the man body or replies to emails received as this area of the screen is shaded blue and a small red cross to the top left hand corner which I am unable to click on.

At the bottom of the screen I see "Internet|Prctected Mode On"

I have added this site to the IE Trusted sites in IE7 security.
I have set all security options to their lowest setting in IE7.
I have turned of Symantec Internet Security.

All to no avail!!

Any help would be appriciated.

Nick - CBD

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nickcbd and welcome to the forum.

To turn off “Protected Mode” in IE, double click the "Internet|Protected Mode On" message and then on the security tab that this opens uncheck “Enable Protected Mode” and then apply.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nickcbd
Visitor

Sorry to be so long with a reply but away on business.

Thanks for the reply but have found that protected mode on or off has no effect with my problem on exchnage email!

Whilsy away I took my old Sony Vaio with MS Windows XP Pro and all was OK with exchange email.

Now trying to get this new Laptop to work with pre installed Business Vista and my companies exchange email.

I can log in and receive emails which I can read and see any images etc. However when I try to send an email or reply I can type in the email address and the title but then I am unable to type a message in the in the body section.

Any light which can be shed would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sorry Nick, I have no experience of exchange email servers.

There are a few basic things that you could try:

Temporarily disable Norton (or whichever protection suite you are using).
Turn off Windows Firewall (assuming that you are using this).
Turn off UAC - Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off.

Maybe another member with knowledge of exchange mail servers may be able to assist further...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nickcbd
Visitor

Rich - Thanks for your respones so far, your help is appreciated.

I switched off Norton, Windows firewall and UAC - but I still have the problem.

Hopefully their will be someone around as you say with some exchange skills.

Nick

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry I have no ideas about Exchange server.