Join now - be part of our community!

replaced faulty hard drive

SOLVED
jayded1
New

replaced faulty hard drive

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some help with my laptop.

I had to replace my hard drive on my Sony Vaio (VPCEB4E4E), as it was faulty, but I didn't create backup/restore discs. Does anyone know if I can download the operating software with all necessary drivers etc.

I've tried the 'Assist' button and pressing F12 and F10 and F11 whilst restarting (not at the same time). I just get the same message 'No operating system found' so I guess I need an operating system 😕

This must be a common problem but I just can't seem to find an answer anywhere! 

Heeeeeelllllllpppppp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jayded1 and welcome.

As you have found out, the first thing you should do when buying a new Vaio is to make a set of Recovery Discs - you will have been reminded to do so when your Vaio was new.

Although you can download the Drivers for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB4E4E/updates

you cannot download the Sony Windows 7 operating system or any other preinstalled programs and applications.

You can either buy a replacement set of Recovery Discs from Vaio Support (cost about £50) or you can buy a retail version of Windows and download the drivers from the above link.

If you choose to buy a retail version of Windows, you will lose all the preinstalled software.  These will only be available with a replacement Recovery Disc set.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jayded1 and welcome.

As you have found out, the first thing you should do when buying a new Vaio is to make a set of Recovery Discs - you will have been reminded to do so when your Vaio was new.

Although you can download the Drivers for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB4E4E/updates

you cannot download the Sony Windows 7 operating system or any other preinstalled programs and applications.

You can either buy a replacement set of Recovery Discs from Vaio Support (cost about £50) or you can buy a retail version of Windows and download the drivers from the above link.

If you choose to buy a retail version of Windows, you will lose all the preinstalled software.  These will only be available with a replacement Recovery Disc set.

:slight_frown: