Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Desktop Cleaning @ Sony Centre?

Jassi
Visitor

Sony Desktop Cleaning @ Sony Centre?

Hi guys got a random enquiry, does the Sony centre do pc health checks, do they basicly take a pc in to blow off the dust on the cooling fans etc. Since its a vgc-v2m i dont want to open it myself and do it.

Regards
Jassi

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jassie,

I don't think so, however it may be worth contacting your nearest branch for confirmation.. :wink:

Jassi
Visitor

Right I'v emailed my local branch but will proberly call them on Tuesday if no reply. :smileygrin:

Also if I was to do itmyself how much of a challenge is it? I'v cleaned out normal tower pc's but dont want to attempt taking the casing off the v2m. Seems difficult. Are there any links to how it can be done? :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sadly I doubt they offer this service, and the only one I know who do it is PC World, but I'm not that keen on them. A silly friend of mine decided to have his RAM fitted by them and they wanted £50 + the price of the RAM, a LOT more than Crucial.com

As it's an integrated system I can understand your concerns, hopefully someone has a disassembly guide.

Jassi
Visitor

I hope so to otherwise I'll attempt to remove the cover once I'v backed up everything.