Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio - Recovery Disks / Hardware Failure?

stelios_2809
Explorer

Sony Vaio - Recovery Disks / Hardware Failure?

Hello ,

I have Sony Vaio SVE 1515Y1ESI. One Week Ago It stopped working and i tried to recover it from the Assist Button. Unfortunately it didnt work at all. I took the Laptop to Sony Store , explained the situation and they said they will try to recover it for me. After 2 Days then , they called me and told that they couldnt recover it and the would need the recovery disks ( i havent any ) , and even i am still under warrantee i ll have to pay for them. 

Yesterday I went and took back the laptop home. I tried through Vaio Care and run Vaio Hardware Diagnostics

1. At the Quick Test , CPU is ok , Memory is ok and Hard Disk Linear , Random , Funnel and Surface Seek Tests are all failed. Does that means it has any hardware issues?

2. I also run the Hard Disk Verify and Repair , Where 

partition 610Gb stucks at 1%

partition 28GB is ok at 100% and

partition 1,5 GB  stucks at 58%.

(these are the partitions shown at hard disk verify and Repair)

Do you think is a hardware problem? My laptop is bought 12/2012 in Greece and still Under Warranty.

Do you think i have to buy the recover disks to solve my problem? 

Thanks and sorry if my English are not so good :wink:

*The LAptop stopped working suddently , i hadnt any software change the last 3-4 months.

In the past , about 1 month after i bought it, it stuck again but vaio assist restored the windows 8 succesfully

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Γειά σου Στέλιο,

Could you provide specifics and/or type(name, Model) of your HDD (new and old one)?

Perhaps is an AF(Advanced Format) issue.

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
stelios_2809
Explorer

Hello :wink:

My Hard Disk is 750Gb at 5400rpm. 

Where i can see more of its Specs??

Does the results i get from Diagnostics mean a hardware failure?

Thank you!