Join now - be part of our community!

SVE14A3C5E Blu Ray CD/DVD Drive not registering

profile.country.GB.title
kgregory3
Explorer

SVE14A3C5E Blu Ray CD/DVD Drive not registering

Hello, I am having an issue with the Blu Ray CD/DVD Optical drive on my pc. Model SVE14A3C5E. I have tried troubleshooting for a fix but non can be found, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Also downloaded the firmware and attempted to install but it states that the Firmware is the incorrect software for my device.

I have tried sony support but they are not very unreponsive, a lady in customer complaints was more helpful then the actual help desk.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kgregory3,

Is the optical drive recognised in Device Manager? If so is there an error code reported for the device?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
kgregory3
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Yes error code 19 registry might be corrupt.

Thanks

Kerry

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kerry,

Yes, code 19 indicates a registry problem. Hopefully a small registry edit will solve the issue.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you make a backup of your system settings before proceeding.

1. Open registry editor (Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter).

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
kgregory3
Explorer

Hi Rich,Thanks for this. I will give it a try. I have already taken a full system back as recommended in the Recovery, backup and troubleshooting guide. So am good to go.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Kerry

profile.country.GB.title
kgregory3
Explorer

Hello Rich,

Juist to let you know it worked. I had to also create a registry key but it was really straightforward.

Thanks for all your help. I would say you should get yourself a job with sony support but I think your a bit too helpful.

Cheers

Kerry

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kerry,

I'm pleased to hear that the fix worked. As a matter of interest what was the key you needed to create and were you prompted to do this?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat