Join now - be part of our community!

UGENT HELP NEEDED! Battery Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Asukachan
Visitor

UGENT HELP NEEDED! Battery Problem

I recently bought a new battery because my old one would no longer holds it charge. When I connect the new battery in and plug in my charger, I notice that the orange light (indicate charging) is blinking. If I hold my finger on the power button the light stays orange but as soon as I let go, the light will blink again. Also, the power option thing said that the charge is 'plugged in, not charging'. I'm not sure myself if I was due to faulty in my charger or not, or whether it is because my new battery is not compatible with the laptop and the charger as the new one said (7800 mAh while the original one was 4800 mAh).

Thanks for the answer in advance :D

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Asukachan and welcome.

Is this a genuine Sony replacement battery?

Cheaper, third-party batteries are very often not compatible - in spite of what the advertising blurb says. We see cases where a BIOS upgrade is provided which seems likely to cause your Vaio permanent damage.

All you can do is try to borrow a genuine battery from a friend or from a shop and see if the genuine battery works OK.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Asukachan
Visitor

Thank you for your answer! I'll try to borrow it from my friend and sees what happen! ::slight_smile: