Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrade VPCCB3P1E to Windows 10

Alang64
New

Upgrade VPCCB3P1E to Windows 10

I updated this Notebook to Windows 10 without any apparent problems a few days ago. It soon became apparent that videos would not play correctly, blank picture and just the sound the main problem. The AMD 6470M GPU was identified as an AMD 7400M GPU.

I have now resolved this problem by installing the Sony Windows 8.1 driver 13.152.1.0 which has resolved all of the video problems as far as I can tell. I did this using the free DriveTheLIfe driver update utility which seems to locate the correct driver to use for all of the hardware.

The notebook came with Windows 7 originally, the upgrade has certainly speeded up the time taken to boot. all of the Sony utility software such as Vaio control centre are working fine.

1 REPLY 1
Badjester
New

I've just opted to upgrade to Windows 10 today. Thanks to Sony for being utterly useless in regards to anything about upgrading so I decided to take the risk. I found the same issue then found this and it seems to have worked for me. Thanks very much! Now just to find a fix for the camera!