profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

profile.country.en_GB.title
Blackers16
Visitor

Hi rich912

Thanks for the reply.

Ive already had a look at that and the items I have copied below, the file names do not exactly match the ones on mine (the other 3 files I need to alter, the names match up with ones I have, so that shouldnt be a problem) Not being very technical, I am not sure what these are now called.  Any ideas?

I think the link you attached was from 2008 and these files have now changed names. My computer is a VAIO VPCEB4L1E and ive only had it a month.

VAIO Entertainment Database Service
VAIO Entertainment File Import Service

Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Blackers16,

I have no idea what the recent version of these services is called, but if you list all Vaio services I will take a guess, or maybe another member can help.

I suggest that you try disabling anything with a similar name and then see whether there are any negative effects on other Vaio programs – you can always revert to the original status as long as you make a note of whether the service is set as ‘Automatic’ or ‘Manual’.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

these are what I get - what should I do to disable content sharing -

vaio care performance service

vaio content folder watcher

vaio content importer

vaio content metadata intelligent analysing manager

vaio content metadata intelligent network service manager

vaio content metadata xml interface

vaio device searcher

vaio entertainment common service

vaio event service

takrzem

Did you try Control Panel and VAIO Media Server settings?

Alternatively, go to Administrative Tools -> Services and stop Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (& put it in the manual mode so it won't start automatically later)